As used in this policy, the term "Survey" means any survey, personal analysis, or evaluation which is not directly related to academic instruction and that reveals or attempts to affect the students' attitudes, habits, traits, opinions, or feelings concerning the following subjects:
1. political affiliation(s);
2. religious beliefs or practices;
3. mental or psychological conditions that may embarrass the student or his/her family;
4. sexual behavior or attitudes;
5. illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating, or demeaning behavior;
6. critical appraisals of other individuals with whom the students has a close, family relationship;
7. legally-recognized privileged or confidential relationships, including a relationship with a lawyer, physician, or minister;
8. income (except as required by law to determine eligibility for participation in a program or for receiving financial assistance under a program).
Any parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a school operated by the Carmel Clay Schools may inspect any instructional materials which will be used in connection with a survey. No student shall be required to submit to a survey without the prior written consent of the student's parent or guardian or the prior consent of the student if the student is an adult or an emancipated minor. Any form used to obtain such consent must state the contents and nature of the survey.
20 U.S.C. 1232(a)(b)(g)(h)